Friday, September 21, 2007

Salmon Fishing Scotland Raider Salmon Fly Success.


Salmon Fishing Scotland Raider Salmon Fly Success.
Bob,
How do I start thanking you for tying those little beauties. I bought some from you to try on our little spate river, The Snizort, here on Skye. Deadly that's the only word. I've managed seven trips out of about four or five hours each since the beginning of August - 19 salmon and christ alone knows how many sea trout. That works out at nearly 5 salmon per day on normal fishing. The little 12's and 10's trebles work best but only if they are twitched back like pulling a nymph on a stillwater. Spate or normal flows make no difference. Twitch twitch and BANG vicious take ! no messing or plucking tails just BANG. I used to Ghillie the Tay up near Aberfeldy and am used to fishing all day for nowt, I wish I'd had the Raider then. I'll be back for more.

Brian Smith

3 comments:

Robert White said...

Brian,
thank you for that,
Best wishes
Bob

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Bargain Fishing Books and DVDs