Thursday, April 17, 2008

Salmon Fishing Scotland April 2008 Spring Fly Fishing on the Tay at Stanley.

Salmon Fishing Scotland April 2008 Spring Fly Fishing on the Tay at Stanley.
Springer on the Fly from the Catholes Stream.

Paul McTiernan hooks a fresh spring salmon fly fishing on the Catholes at Stanley, Perthshire, Scotland.

The fish is close to the net after a tremendous fight.

Finally the prize spring fish is landed. It was covered in sea lice and weighed 12 pounds.

Paul releases the spring salmon back to the river. Well done Paul.

3 comments:

Tim Noble said...

Great blog. I've fished many times up at Stanley...often with a Ghillie called Bugsy...looking at your blogg brought it all back to me. I've fished many of the areas you mention...and the Isla Mouth.

The days I buy and sell woods and tend to fish for trout and Pike down in rainy England.

I'm very envious!

Tim

Robert White said...

Thanks for your comments Tim

Tim Noble said...

It's a pleasure. I'd even forgotten the name of the Tayside Hotel...I've stayed there a few times. Is Dougie Stewart still around (The ghillie AKA Bugsy)? We had some good fun with him...

Bargain Fishing Books and DVDs